What Are You Doing Next?

Forums Forums Up coming gigs and shows What Are You Doing Next?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rob Franklin
    Participant

Other than jam shows which don’t count, my last was in November as a bass player in a local production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. My next, is April 9 as a drummer for a country band.
    I haven’t drummed more than a couple songs at a time, and only few times, since the early ’90’s, I’ve been playing guitar. But, due to an unfortunate and untimely injury involving gravity and a spiral staircase, and because “the show must go on”, I’ll be filling in for “Blackjack’s” drummer this time.
    Yeah, I’ve got a lot of rust to scrape off, but it’s not a hard set, half of it I did back in the day. So, I expect it’ll be an easy, and a fun gig.

wado1942
    Participant

I’m primarily a rock drummer. Tonight, I’m doing live sound reinforcement and recording for… an orchestra!

Rob Franklin
    Participant

It’s a bust!

I got a call with less than an hour till rehearsal call time and 24hrs till curtian call time telling me that we’ll be bailing on our slot because of a health issue.

OK well & good health first.

But, The show must go on, I’ll find another guitar player and we’ll still make our curtain call.

Nope. The singer flaked too.

Silver lining: I’ll be taking that slot, as a solo act.

Steve
    Participant

Dude, that sucks. But yeah, show must go on. Glad to see there’s still dedication. That’s one reason I gave up on playing out. No one I have found locally is dedicated. People look at me like I’m nuts when I tell them “Playing music is just like any other job, you show up to work, do your job and get paid. The difference being, you get to work at what you love.” (Insert headlight stares)

website: www.pyrael.com, youtube: (Just search for "pyrael" as CD baby has most of my stuff uploaded)

Rob Franklin
    Participant

So instead of doing a solo, I guilted the sound/mon & light guys into playing bass and drums.
    Would’ve been nice to not have a cold stomping on my voice.

Steve
    Participant

Nice!! Hope you enjoyed yourself!!

website: www.pyrael.com, youtube: (Just search for "pyrael" as CD baby has most of my stuff uploaded)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.